Posted on: 12th of January
It has been a rough start to January. The market is up but the bot has not been returning the results I was hoping for.
I won’t blame the bot, rather it is me who have been tinkering with the settings and the initial cost per trading pair.
The bot was set up to hold max 7 trading pairs at a time and the cost per pair at 8%. After the 8th of January I changed it to max pairs of 3 and cost per pair to 20%.
The reasoning behind it is to avoid losses on all coins when Bitcoin drops, like it did on the 8th.
Admittedly, this strategy didn’t work.
The bot buys the coins that drop first, usually these coins are losing trades and the laggards that drop later are winners.
This means I have changed the strategy to the following:
- Max total pairs the bot can hold = 10.
- Cost per pair = 9%-10% of total capital.
There are many ways to solve this puzzle. So far the bot has returned a small profit over nearly 3 months. However, the goal is to make steady passive income. We are on the right track, but there is still some ways to go.
Results below with a deficit of 0.10% so far in January.